Gatwick is one of the hugest airports in United Kingdom. It serves about 200 destinations to more than 90 countries. Every year 40 million passengers trip with Gatwick service. It’s situated 28 miles to the South of London and has perfect transport connection with city centre. It takes only 28 minutes to get to financial part of London. It’s owned by great international investment group with Global Infrastructure Partners’ major share. Gatwick offers great temporary service and provides convenient and smooth trips for all customers including corporative business clients.
London Gatwick was founded in 1930 and initially it had only South Terminal. In 1988 second North Terminal was officially opened. Now South and North Terminals provide the largest network in United Kingdom and offer extensive domestic connections.
Airport has convenient location and its managers are always ready to help customers with necessary information. Gatwick airport postcode is RH6 0NP.
London Gatwick has many major airline partners:
3. Virgin airlines
5. Garuda Indonesia
6. British airways
7. Turkish airlines and other
There are some popular destinations from South and North Terminals.
Gatwick airport North Terminal provides flight to:
1. Alicante (Spain) – EasyJet.
2. Murcia (Spain) – EasyJet.
3. Venice (Italy) – British airways.
4. Basel (Switzerland) – EasyJet.
5. Glasgow (United Kingdom) – British airways.
6. Barcelona (Spain) – Iberia and Vueling.
7. Jersey (Great Kingdom) – AirBerlin.
8. Tallinn (Estonia) – EasyJet.
9. Rome (Italy) – Vueling.
10. Dubai (United Arab Emirates) – Emirates.
11. Goa – Thomson Airways.
Gatwick airport South Terminal serves directions:
1. Reykjavik (Iceland) – WOW airs.
2. Copenhagen (Deutschland) – Norwegian airlines.
3. Shannon (Ireland) – RyanAir.
4. Oslo (Norway) – Norwegian airlines.
5. Prague (Czech Republic) – CzechTravel.
6. Dublin (Ireland) – RyanAir.
7. Kiev (Ukraine) – Ukrainian International airlines.
8. Arrecife (Spain) – Monarch airlines.
9. Antalya (Turkey) – Thomas Cook Airlines.
10. Nice (France) – EasyJet.
By the way, Gatwick provides 46 of 50 the most popular European business directions such as business flights to Copenhagen, Paris and Brussels.
Parking at Gatwick Airport
Gatwick airport has many convenient parking places which can be booked online directly on airport site. It has plenty of pros:
1. Airport offers different parking places beginning from budget variants and ending with premium ones
2. Online pre-booking is available
3. Car parks are very close to terminals (See Gatwick Airport car parking map)
4. Safety and protection are guaranteed
5. To get to the parking bus shuttles are provided
Getting to Gatwick Airport
It’s not a problem to get to Gatwick in only 30 minutes. You can choose the most convenient transport for you:
1. By car. You’re able to park your car very close to necessary terminal.
2. By rail. Trains to Gatwick airport run every 15 minutes. They are the fastest and have no stops. You need 30 minutes to get to London centre or other London districts (Southampton, Portsmouth and others).
3. By bus. You can enjoy your bus trip from South and North Terminals to Oxford, central London, Norwich and other parts of London. Tickets can be booked in advance.
4. By bicycle. Here are Bicycle routes and parking map.
The other way to get to Gatwick which is very useful for majority of tourists is car hire Gatwick airport. It’s better to hire car exactly in airport because the lowest hire prices are acceptable. Only leading rental partners offer their reliable transport to tourists: Alamo, EuropCar, Hertz and others. You can not only get to London but organize sightseeing and save money on taxi.
Gatwick’s aim is to make its guests happy and provide comprehensive service in all spheres:
1. Shopping. You can buy everything you need whether it’s a toothbrush or new trousers. It’s possible to save up to 20 % of your purchase cost with Collect on Return service.
2. Plenty of fascinated restaurants invite you to have a tasty breakfast or dinner before the flight.
3. Simple and clearly signed checking areas.
4. Travelling with children. To make your trip convenient and safe Gatwick offers buggies for little kids, kids zones with TV and toys, concierge service helping to orienteer in airport.
5. First meet. Airport representatives will accompany you through all steps in Gatwick helping stress avoiding.
West Sussex RH6 0NP, United Kingdom
Useful phone numbers
Car parking – feedback: +44 330 123 1025
Car parking – sales & information: +44 844 811 8311
General information (recorded message): +44 844 892 0322
Flight information: + 44 844 892 0322
Lost property: +44 1293 503 162
Gatwick Express: www.gatwickexpress.com
Other trains: www.nationalrail.co.uk
National Express: www.nationalexpress.com